Sunday, January 18, 2009

Frosty the snowman in our house

The last few days we have broken the record with our -25 to -30 tempatures - yeah lucky us. Anyway, my kids have been BOOORRREEEDDD since they can't go outside and have continued to pester me to no end. So I decided to put to use an idea I got from my son's preschool teacher Mrs. S.

Since its too cold to go outside, we brought the snow inside! Here are some pictures:

L getting started


L admiring his snowman - hmm, what else does it need?


M getting started



M's igloo


At first I was a little concerned about the mess they might make, (they are boys and any project they do has to involve messes of some sort) but to my surprise this was a fairly mess free project! Not to mention snow/water is an easy thing to clean up. We used cookie sheets with sides, and a couple of big mixing bowls to fetch the snow. The kids wore gloves to protect their hands. Overall a great Saturday afternoon project! I think we'll try this again and maybe I'll get brave and include food coloring next time, or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails